Wood Buffalo Housing and Development Corporation Board
- Commitment to the work of the Wood Buffalo Housing & Development Corporation’s Board.
- Previous experience serving on a board with the scope and magnitude of WBHDC.
- Knowledge & skills at a management level in one or more areas of Board governance; finance, stakeholder relations and construction
- Attendance at Board Meetings.
- Attendance at meetings of assigned Committees.
- Support of Board related initiatives.
- A sense of social vision relative to housing needs within the community.
- Develop governance functions that will facilitate outcomes geared towards guiding an organized, effective and cohesive Board as they move forward.
- Develop, approve (where appropriate) and monitor all Board policies.
- Participate in the development and annual review of the 3 year business plan.
- Approve the budget as presented by the President.
- Approve the hiring and release of the President.
- Support and participate in evaluating the President.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, Committees, Council, the community at large and residents of housing facilities that will be governed by the Board
|Time Requirements||Hours Per Month|
|Preparation, reading, research,
Board & Committee Meetings,Special Events/Workshops
|Leadership positions (Board Executive, Committee Chair)||5 hours (additional)|
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Must be a resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo;
- Must not be an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo; and
- Must not be an employee of Wood Buffalo Housing and Development Corporation.
- Due to the complex nature of the Corporation and the time commitment required, preference will be given to those individuals who are not currently sitting on more than one board.
Further information about the Wood Buffalo Housing & Development Corporation may be obtained by contacting Joan Hutchings, Manager Corporate Administration, at 780-799-4049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can also be picked up at the Customer Service Counter located on the Main Floor of the Municipal Offices (9909 Franklin Avenue), or at the Municipal Offices located in Anzac, Janvier, Conklin and Fort Chipewyan.