Wood Buffalo Transit System
The Municipality runs a fleet of transit buses that service the urban areas of Fort McMurray operating seven days a week with the exception of negotiated statutory holidays.
- Beginning July 9, 2013, transit buses 9A & 9B will be changing their route direction when entering the Alberta Drive area downtown. The buses will now continue straight down Alberta Drive and then turning onto Biggs Avenue, followed by leaving the area. Bus stops will be changed to the opposite side of the street.
- The final bus stop coming down Thickwood Boulevard has been eliminated and will no longer be in use effective immediately. Due to the construction of a third lane there is not enough room to accommodate a bus stop.
If you have further questions, you may contact Transit Services at 780.743.7931
- Please be advised that the 1B route services Ecole McTavish, after departing the Powder Terminal, at 8:05am, 8:20 am, and 8:35 am Monday to Friday with arrival time at Eagle Ridge Gate approximately 8 minutes after the listed scheduled time. This also means an arrival at the Main terminal of approximately 8 minutes passed the time listed on the schedule.This is only in effect during the school year.
- Please be advised that the 1A route services Ecole McTavish in the afternoon. Buses leaving Eagle Ridge Gate at 3:12 pm,3:27 pm and 3:42 pm will loop via Parsons Creek Drive to the school before continuing to the Powder Drive terminal station.
- Shelters 07112 & 07086 are temporarily closed due to repairs.
2014 Transit SchedulesView Route List
Download PDF Brochure
2014 School Transit Svc
Tok Transit Dispatch:
(11 rides for the price of 10)
|Monthly pass (student)
- including Keyano College students
|Monthly pass (adult)||$45.00|
|Children under five years and senior citizens||Free|
WoodBuffalo Transit system has an EXACT FARE SYSTEM. This means the drivers do not sell passes or make change. Fares can be paid by cash, one-ride ticket or a monthly pass. All buses are equipped to accept $1 and $2 dollar coins. Children under five years and senior citizens ride the system free.
- Monthly passes can be purchased from the Jubilee Centre cashier at 9909 Franklin Ave.; MacDonald Island Park, or Timberlea Landing at 309 Powder Drive.
- Transfers are issued to cash and one-ride ticket users only. Passengers should request transfers when they pay their fare. Transfers are intended to allow passengers to go further in the same direction and cannot be used for return trips
Where to catch the bus
Bus stop locations are sometimes indicated by shelters, but in most areas will be marked by signs on lamp posts or other poles. The image on the right shows a typical bus stop sign.
To report vehicles that are parked near bus stops, call the Bylaw complaint line at: (780) 788-4200.
See the Transit Schedule and Map above for specific routes.
Sunday and Holiday Transit Schedule
On Sunday, bus service may begin later than on weekdays or Saturdays, and may end much earlier. On the combined Saturday/Sunday schedule, a shaded background indicates the trips that are made on Sunday.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us:
Tok Transit Dispatch: (780) 743.4157
RMWB Transit Services: (780) 743.7931