Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board
The Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board provides information, advice and mediation services for landlords and tenants. Our vision is to: "Encourage Landlords and Tenants to work together to resolve issues."
What we do:
- Receive complaints and mediate disputes between landlords and tenants at no cost.
- Educate and advise landlords and tenants concerning rental practices, rights and remedies based on The Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act of Alberta.
- Receive inquiries either over the phone, by appointment, or on a drop-in basis.
- Distribute materials such as lease agreements and inspection reports for a nominal charge (Costs range from $0.50 - $2.00. Cash only).
What we don't do:
- Enforce the legislation
- Inspect rental units
- Act as a collection agency for landlords and tenants
- Force tenants or landlords to comply
Landlord and Tenant Advisor
Main Floor, City Hall
9909 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 2K4
Phone : (780) 743-7888
Fax : (780) 743-7937
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
You can order a copy of the Residential Tenancies Act and regulations from the following location:
Queen's Printer Bookstore , Edmonton
10611 98 Avenue, Park Plaza Building
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2P7
Phone: (780) 427-4952
Fax: (780) 452-0668
For any additional information concerning landlord and tenant issues: